News

Valparaíso´s Luis Cousiño historical building restructuring will soon be opened

March 2011 – Constructora DLP works will be extended for one year so as to completely finish the restructuring of the traditional and historical Luis Cousiño de Valparaíso building. This building was declared National Monument 15 years ago and is now to be used as part of Instituto Profesional Duoc UC, in the old historical quarter of the city.

Works began in May 2010, and have been focused on restoring the old façade of the building which dates back to 1881 and that, with the passing of time and lack of maintenance, suffered some major deterioration. In this way then, the style of the building will be kept, reinforcing its exterior walls and the old underground masonry foundations.

In the interior of the building, DLP is working on a modern 5.000 square meter construction which consists of five floors for academic units for an approximate number of 2.000 students. In addition, it will count with a theatre for 270 people, a convention center for conferences and seminars, a school-restaurant, a regional film archive and exposition galleries, among other facilities.

Luis Cousiño, son of businessman Matías Cousiño, was the one who gave the orders for the construction of the building, which – in its origins – housed the offices of Lota and Carbonel’s Compañía Explotadora Carbonífera (Coal Companies).



Fundadores - Alcántara & Embajada

Las Condes
2013